Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Data recovery on 24

Jack Bauer: It appears to be some sort of media device! I've never seen anything like it! We're going to need to get the data off this as soon as possible! Let me do a google search for data recovery!
(performs a search on his blackberry and scrolls to the page 5)
JB: I've found a company who's local in Washington, DC. Let me call them! (dials number) Hello?!
Dude on the Phone: Thank ... you ... for ... calling -
JB: I don't have time for this! I need data recovery off this media device right now!
DP: - data ... recovery ... how ... can ... I ... help ... you?
JB: Listen! I have this unknown media device and I absolutely need the data from it!
DP: we ... can ... perform ... a ... com-plete ... evaluation ... on the unit ... within ... 4 ... to ... 6 hours -
JB: FOUR TO SIX HOURS?! This is a matter of national security!
DP: well ... we ... have ... a ... fast ... track ... service ... whereby ... we ... can ... expedite -
JB: MY NAME IS JACK BAUER! I'M WORKING WITH THE F.B.I. THIS IS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY -
DP: ... at ... a ... nominal ... fee ... of $350
JB: oh damn, how much? ok, where is your office?
DP: we ... are ... located ... at -
JB: Hold up! You aren't even in the Washington area! WTF? Nevermind, I'm sending a chopper over to deliver it.
(gives SD card to pilot who takes off for New York)
DP: - just ... north ... of ... Manhattan ... the ... zip ... code ... is -
JB: Hold on, I have another call Yes, madam president, yes we're working on recoverying the data as we speak. We should know within a few hours - ... yes, ma'am they do know it's a matter of national security. I - I - yes, - I know ma'am. Well it's $350 for the rush - yes, I know, unfortunately we don't have time to drive around the city looking for cheaper quotes. Hopefully you'll be able to get congress to approve the - yes, ma'am.
DP: - if ... you ... just ... turn ... left ... at ... the ... hooters ... you ... should ... be ... able ... to ... see ... our ... building ... thank ... you ... for ... calling ... have .......... a ........... nice .......... day.

No comments:

Post a Comment